Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - Fool on the Hill (1968)


I was listening to "When Summer Turns to Snow" the other day (now that summer is over and winter looms ahead), so I thought I'd share this album. LOVE the whole Brazilian sound that became popular in the mid-1960s. Something interesting about this album is that this is the second version of the band. Sergio Mendes got rid of all the original band members, with the exception of lead singer Lani Hall, for this album. I don't know what the reasoning behind that was, and if anybody is in the know, please do tell. Anyway, I do love the sound of this band, and Lani's voice is always a pleasure.

Track listing for Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - Fool on the Hill:

Side 1:
1. Fool on the Hill
2. Festa
3. Casa Forte
4. Canto Triste
5. Upa, Neguinho

Side 2:
1. Lapinha
2. Scarborough Fair
3. When Summer Turns to Snow
4. Laia Ladaia (Reza)

3 comments:

M.Lamerex said...

Hi Esther!
Really dig your 60's easy-listening musical taste.
I was looking for 'Fool' by Sergio M.,
and found your blog.
Seems you 'posted' this record just a week ago. (umm...can't seem to find a rollover to get a sharelink anywhere....am i blind perhaps?)

thanks for your response.
appreciatively, mitch, tucson

Esther said...

Hi, Mitch!

Glad you found my little corner of the world! Just click on the album title right above the list of tracks and it'll take you to the link.

Thanks for visiting!
Esther

Unknown said...

HI,
I was given the 1st Brazill 66 , think it was the look of love album, on my birthday the same year or one after.
I thought it was more my cousins taste. I kept the LP
and played it in the 1990's.
There were certain songs that were unsurpassed in their beauty.
Took me 30 years to appriciated the sounds and the Love them.
Thanks for being so smart and sharing. Vince