Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Osmond Brothers - Songs We Sang on the Andy Williams Show (1962)


How about some barbershop quartet harmonies by the Osmond Brothers (before Donny)? Do any of you remember them on "The Andy Williams Show"? (I was too young to have seen them or remember them - don't even know if my parents watched the show.) Well, they were all just as cute as can be and, although I'm not really a big fan of the way little kids sound doing barbershop (voices too high - sound like chipmunks to me), I have to say that I am impressed at how well they sang those harmonies - real professionals! The songs are great - they take me back to a much simpler time, and they do make me feel quite nostalgic. Of course, we know what the Osmonds (with Donny) sounded like years later, and some of us may have had our bedroom walls plastered with their posters (Donny was my longest love and was on my walls for several years, and he still makes me swoon). It's impressive that these brothers have celebrated over 50 years in show business, and it's a lot of fun to hear how they got their start. So, take a trip down memory lane with the (original) Osmond Brothers...

Track listing for The Osmond Brothers - Songs We Sang on the Andy Williams Show:

Side 1:
1. Be My Little Baby Bumble Bee
2. Mightly Lak' a Rose
3. Keep Your Eye on the Girlie You Love
4. Just a Song at Twilight
5. I Wouldn't Trade the Silver in My Mother's Hair (For All the Gold in the World)
6. Kentucky Babe

Side 2:
1. By the Light of the Silvery Moon
2. Aura Lee
3. In the Good Old Summertime
4. Take Me Back to Babyland
5. Down Our Way
6. Bye Bye Blues

Here's a great video of the young Osmond Brothers singing at Disneyland (love the audience reaction!):

2 comments:

Zaphod said...

Thank You so much for this one :)

I found a Christmas album by them this past season and have listened to it several times already - Would love to have more of them at this age.

So I like Chipmunks! :)

Sila Lumenn said...

Awesome! Thanks for the memories Esther. I, too, am an Osmond fan from way back. I remember them on the Andy Williams show and The Wonderful World of Disney. In fact, from 1972 until the day he married in 1978, I held out hope that I would one day be Mrs. Donny Osmond. :-)