Sunday, March 04, 2007

Joe Harnell His Piano and Orchestra - Fly Me to the Moon and The Bossa Nova Pops (1963)


Here's a really cool album of bossa nova pop tunes! You've heard the main cover song, "Fly Me to the Moon" - Joe Harnell won a Grammy in 1962 for this recording. He received two other nominations - one for his arrangement of this song, and one in 1963 for this album. All the songs on this album are really great, and any fan of the bossa nova will surely love this album. Other than the title tune, my favorite is "Eso Beso". Enjoy!

Track listing for Joe Harnell His Piano and Orchestra - Fly Me to the Moon and The Bossa Nova Pops:

Side 1:
1. Fly Me to the Moon
2. Senza Fine
3. I Left My Heart in San Francisco
4. Early Autumn
5. You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
6. My One and Only Love

Side 2:
1. Cry Me a River
2. One Note Samba
3. What Kind of Fool Am I?
4. Loads of Love
5. Midnight Sun
6. Eso Beso

4 comments:

mel said...

Hi Esther,

Yes, I remember this Joe Harnell LP from 1963 - I agree with you that it's great, and I'm very happy to be able to hear it again.

Many thanks.

Esther said...

Hi, Mel!

Glad you like this album, and that I was able to provide you with it again!

cornellcrawford said...

Fabulous! Thank you!

Bubbly Jocelyn said...

I heard the song 'Fly me to the moon' and fell in love with it immediately! I'm unable to download from megaupload and rapidshare unfortunately, can anyone please please upload it to another server like mediafire? It would be most appreciated! Thank you!