Wednesday, March 12, 2008

House and Home Compilation


Hey, y'all! I'm all moved from my apartment to my new house! Woo hoo! I've officially been in the house for almost three weeks now - spent my first night here on February 23. Last weekend, I moved the final "big" things (futon, bicycle) from my apartment, so now all I have left to do at the apartment is clean it. I still have to bring all my stuff up from my house in my hometown, but that's another story.

Anyway, in honor of my new house/home, I decided to put together a compilation of songs with the word "house" or "home" in the title. There's a variety on here - classic standards, instrumentals from movie soundtracks, rock, country - so I hope you like them. The house in the photo is actually my new house. It's what's referred to as a "mid-century modern", or a "1950's soft contemporary", or an "atomic ranch" house. The inside is really cool - interior brick walls, very open, vintage kitchen, vintage bath - and it is in pristine condition for a house built in 1959. I'm very excited about my new house and plan to be here a long, long time!

Track listing for House and Home Compilation (in order by artist):

1. House of Love - Amy Grant
2. The House - Bernard Herrmann
3. Come On-a My House - Bette Midler
4. Feels Like Home - Chantal Kreviazuk
5. Our House - Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
6. Come On-a My House - Della Reese
7. I'm Coming Home Again - Dusty Springfield
8. Around the House - Ivor Osborne
9. The Old House - Jerome Moross
10. Little Pink Houses - John Cougar Mellencamp
11. Come On-a My House - Julie London
12. Our House - Madness
13. Come On-a My House - Rosemary Clooney
14. This Old House - Rosemary Clooney
15. Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel
16. Home - Stephanie Mills
17. House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
18. In My House - The Mary Jane Girls
19. This Old House - The Oak Ridge Boys
20. I'm Going Home - Tim Curry
21. That's My House - Toby Keith
22. Every Light in the House is On - Trace Adkins
23. White Houses - Vanessa Carlton

7 comments:

Sila Lumenn said...

Awesome house! It looks fantastic. I'm glad to see you back; was just thinking about you yesterday, in fact. I'm definitely going to download your compliation. Lots of great tunes here:
This Old House - Rosemary Clooney
House of the Rising Sun - The Animals
Come On-a My House - Rosemary Clooney (love her!)
Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel
I could go on... but I won't. :-)

Kirk D. said...

Your new house looks wonderful! (and the lot looks great too.) Congrats on finding the place. Glad that you got it because so many folks would try to "modernize" the place. More pics please!

zillagord said...

Congrats Esther! You're gonna love living in a house: it's so much better than an apartment. Except the yardwork. But just think, you can play your Leonard Nimoy records all hours of the night at volume 11!
Keep it half-full,
Gordon

mel said...

Esther, I would like to wish you all the very best of everything in your new abode. May your unpacking and decorating go smoothly and may you have lovely neighbors!

Traitor Vic said...

Very Cool House! I've been thinking that our next one (if that ever happens) is gonna be of that vintage and style. Glad yours is in such good condition.

Enjoy!

Vinyl Room said...

Really nice house and best wishes.

When are we getting an invite?, lol

VR

CallDon said...

Beautiful home, mid-century, lower roofline. I love that style. And the music is great also.