Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ferrante & Teicher - Pianos in Paradise (1962)


I have a goody for you today! This is yet another gem from the HPB bargain bin, and yet another album that I bought for the cover art. But I was already familiar with this piano-playing twosome, so I knew that it would be a great listen. Although classified as "easy listening", I would say that this also qualifies as "exotica". This would make some good music to play in the background while having dinner in your home with that special someone (hmmm, make note to self), or to play while reading, or just to relax. So, give this record a listen!

Track listing for Ferrante & Teicher - Pianos in Paradise:

Side 1:
1. Jungle Rhumba
2. Shangri-La
3. Misty
4. African Echoes
5. Adventures in Paradise
6. Claire de Lune

Side 2:
1. The Breeze & I
2. Flamingo
3. Ebb Tide
4. Taboo
5. Negligee
6. Moon of Manakoora

Here's a video of Ferrante & Teicher playing "African Echoes" from a TV special they did:

No comments: