Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Eydie Gorme - More Amor (1965)


Y'all have probably figured out by now that I love Eydie Gorme, thanks to my mother playing the "Amor" and "More Amor" albums when I was growing up. Well, one of my early posts was the "Amor" album (click on the Eydie Gorme label to get all her posts), so now I'm finally getting around to posting "More Amor" (or "Mas Amor", depending which part of the world you are from). If you download both of these albums, you can easily burn them together to one CD! Eydie recorded both of these albums with the famous Mexican trio, the Trio Los Panchos. (I think I may have an album by them, and I'll post it if I do.) Once again, Eydie's voice is inspiring and beautiful as she is accompanied by the melodious guitars and harmonies of Los Panchos. This is a must!

Track listing for Eydie Gorme - More Amor:

Side 1:
1. Vereda Tropical (Tropical Trail)
2. Cuatro Vidas (Four Lives)
3. No Te Vayas Sin Mi (Don't Leave Without Me)
4. Mas Amor (More Love)
5. Desesperadamente (Desperately)
6. Guitarra Romana (Roman Guitar)

Side 2:
1. Oracion Caribe (Caribbean Prayer)
2. Flores Negras (Black Flowers)
3. Mala Noche (Evil Night)
4. Fuego Bajo Tu Piel (Fire Under Your Skin)
5. Luna Lunera (Bright Moon)
6. Nochecita (Little Night)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Esther,
I am always happy to see music I really like on your thoughtful website.
In the neighbor-hood I grew up in Eydie was a bit idolized. As a matter of fact my dear neighbors, right next door, had a showcase band. He was very talented singer and instrumentalist with a Tom Jones look and she looked just like Eydie in the cover of this album. I miss them especially her she was very
nice. Her name was Etta, humm, Etta and Eydie.
Thanks Vince

Esther said...

Hi, Vince!

Always good to hear from you!

Esther

edzola13 said...

Dear Esther a fabulous site, very nice looking too. Where's the link to the Edie Gorme please? If I click it takes me to a German site called Mega Upload??

Thank you Edz

Esther said...

Hi, Edz,

You clicked on the right link - it takes you to Megaupload and then you just type the three letters it tells you, wait about 30 seconds, and then you can start downloading. Thanks for visiting!

Esther

D.M. SOLIS said...

How wonderful to see this here! Great and generous site. Thank you, peace and all good things for you in music and in life.

Sincerely,
Diane