Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rene Touzet and his Orchestra - Cha Cha Cha for Lovers (1957)


This is one of the albums I bought back in my ballroom dancing days. We used this one quite a bit at the dance studio because the beat of the songs was just right (not too fast) for students. So, if any of y'all are taking cha cha cha lessons, or just learning it on your own, I think you'll be happy with this album. My personal favorite is the "Ticklish Mambo" - the first time I heard it I was cracking up! I think I also have another version of it; if I find it, I'll post it. There was a lot of surface noise on this album, and I tried to clean it up as best I could, but you'll still hear some clicks, pops, and noise (sorry). If anyone has a cleaner copy, please share!

Track listing for Rene Touzet - Cha Cha Cha for Lovers:

Side 1:
1. Lover's Cha Cha Cha
2. "Moon Over Miami"
3. Mambo Inn
4. Pedazo De Mi Zida
5. Danza Negra

Side 2:
1. Besame Mucho
2. Manuel (Levantate Manuel)
3. Ticklish Mambo ("Cosquillita")
4. Desconfianza
5. Oye Lo Que Tiene El Mambo
6. "Lover's Lullaby"

8 comments:

nlgbbbblth said...

great LP Esther, thank you. I have linked you on my blog Spiral. You might be interested in some of the Lps there.

RecordCollector said...

Love them cha-cha's here, Esther.
Ain't complainin' if ya put up some more.

KL from NYC said...

Rene Touzet LPs are tough to get. Have you ever come across his "Blue Bongos" LP on Fiesta Records? That's a good one, too.

Esther said...

Thanks to all of you for your comments!

nlgbbbblth - I've added your blog to my link list!

RecordCollector - I've added your blog to my link list, too!

KL - I don't have "Blue Bongos" but I will keep my eye out for it!

Thanks for listening!
Esther

Unknown said...

Esther, please settle an argument - is it "cha-cha", or is it "cha-cha-cha"? Or are they two different things?

Okay, it's not a real argument - but I have been talking to myself about it a lot lately. It's a good thing no one can hear me... I'm in the basement, and my mom's upstairs so that's cool.

Esther said...

Hi, lungworms!

It's the same thing. Growing up, I always heard it referred to as "cha-cha-cha", but when I learned to ballroom dance as an adult, they called it the "cha-cha". Some of my family says it one way, and others say it the other. I usually say "cha-cha", unless I'm talking with my cousins that like the extra "cha". It depends on how you count it: one-two-cha-cha-cha, or one-two-three-cha-cha. Try dancing to one and see how you count it!

Thanks for visiting!
Esther

Unknown said...

Thank you--makes sense!

Raphy said...

Thanks for sharing the kind of music that makes the world a BETTER place



big Up1@1