Sunday, November 08, 2009

Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass - Volume 2 (1963)


This is a request. It's one of the first albums I digitized when I first learned how, so it's a lower bitrate than my usual posts. I also usually don't post the Herb Alpert albums (I have the first eleven) because most of them are available on CD, but I wanted to go ahead and fill the request I received. Anyway, this is the second album by Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass (the way they were first called before changing to Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass). There are some very familiar tunes on it and it's quite enjoyable. I don't much care for the album cover though - give me the "Whipped Cream" cover any day! Enjoy!

Track listing for Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass - Volume 2:

Side 1:
1. The Great Manolete (La Virgen de la Macarena)
2. Spanish Harlem
3. Swinger from Seville
4. Winds of Barcelona
5. Green Leaves of Summer
6. More

Side 2:
1. America
2. Surfin' Senorita
3. Marching Thru Madrid
4. Crea Mi Amor
5. Mexican Corn
6. Milord

3 comments:

Slayer said...

Hi Esther,

Congratulations for your blog, nice and rare music inside there.

I have a question: you say you have the first TJB albums but I know only three of them arent'n printed for re-issue: Vol. 2 (this posted), Warm and The Brass are comin'.

Maybe can you have complete the "Warm" album? In other blogs I've seen this album reposted but is the same copy (I've heard its sounds and no way), in fact is incomplete.

Is possible can you digitalize this album complete if you have it?

Another question: Do you have the Alpert's album "Coney Island"? Of course this album is in other blogs but is the same copy from the Russian collector "Georgy Baly's EasyMusic" blog.

So, thanks again for your attention and don't worry or fear for my image ID, is just for fun and no for satanism.

Greetings from Quito - Ecuador, SouthAmerica.

Esther said...

Hi, Slayer!

Glad you like my blog! Unfortunately, I do not have the Herb Alpert albums you are looking for. But I will keep an eye out for them!

Thanks for visiting!
Esther

Slayer said...

Dear Esther,

Thanks for your response.

And once again congrats for your blog and all the support for downloading.

Greetings.