Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pat Boone - White Christmas (1959)


Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving holiday! So, today I begin my posts of Christmas records. I've already got the six albums picked out for this year, plus I'm currently working on my Cool Yule Tunes 2009 compilation, which I will post on the Sunday before Christmas. At the bottom of this post, I've included some pictures of my decorated vintage aluminum Christmas tree, which I just put up yesterday. I also switched out the framed record albums for some of my Christmas albums. You'll see in the pictures just a few of my Christmas albums, some of which I've posted on here, and some which I haven't posted yet.

But first, here is my first offering of this Christmas season - Pat Boone. And I dedicate this to my friend Vince. :-)

Track listing for Pat Boone - White Christmas:

Side 1:
1. White Christmas
2. Jingle Bells (with The Foley Sisters)
3. Adeste Fideles
4. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
5. O Little Town of Bethlehem
6. Silver Bells
7. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Side 2:
1. Silent Night
2. Oh Holy Night
3. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
4. The First Noel
5. I'll Be Home for Christmas
6. Joy to the World
7. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
8. Here Comes Santa Claus (with The Foley Sisters) (this song is not listed on the back cover but is on the record)



My vintage aluminum tree with color wheel.


The albums hanging in the entry way.


These are hanging on the living room wall (that's my cat's tail you see).


These are hanging in my den. I had the lights on and those are reflected.

4 comments:

Sila Lumenn said...

I love your tree, Esther! The Christmas albums are very festive, too. I'm in a Christmas frame of mind myself, but won't be able to decorate for another week. :-( I look forward to all your Christmas posts. This first one is awesome!

cdelint said...

The old covers just look *so* good, don't they? You won't see anybody haning up their CD sleeves on the wall...

cheers and (upcoming) Happy Holidays

Charles

Unknown said...

Our Uncle had a silver big tree in the 1960's with a rotating spot light of red, yellow, and green shining those colors on the silver branches.
Very Mod and festive.
Love your style.
Vince

doug said...

I can't think of anything nicer than a Cat's tail to cover a vintage record jacket.