Monday, August 14, 2006

Mystic Moods Orchestra - One Stormy Night (1972)


Talk about a productive afternoon! I went to the Half-Price Books store in Richardson on my way home from work and bought ten albums from the clearance bin for 50 cents each! Yowza! Three of the albums were by the Mystic Moods Orchestra - "One Stormy Night", "Emotions", and "Extensions". I got them mostly for their great covers, and was going to post "One Stormy Night" but found that Mr.Lucky already has it posted on his site, along with a nice little write-up. So, if you love Mystic Moods and are looking for "One Stormy Night", you can find it on Mr.Lucky's World of M (link is gone). And please let him know I sent you!

UPDATE on 10/03/08 - by request, I have now posted my own link to this album!

Track Listing for Mystic Moods Orchestra - One Stormy Night:

Side A -
1. A Dream
2. Minstrel Boy
3. Sayonara
4. One Stormy Night
5. In Your Arms

Side B -
1. Fire Island
2. Aja Toro
3. Hot Bagel
4. Local Freight
5. Autumn Leaves

Here are the pictures of the other two Mystic Moods Orchestra albums I bought:


11 comments:

BenT said...

Welcome, Esther.

Half-price books is Great, especially if you have a location that has a vinyl bin. Are the ones down in Texas the same chain that has several Ohio locations?

I used to hit the one outside Dayton often when I lived there, and now whenever I visit Columbus, I make a trip to the location near Ohio State, as they have about fifteen bins worth of 25-cent albums.

Esther said...

Hi, ben t.!
Yes, it's the same Half-Price Books chain in both states - I love them! The big store is basically just across the street from my apartment and they have a really great selection of vinyl. The one by my office is smaller but the clearance albums only cost 50 cents ($1 at the big store).
Thanks for the comment!
Esther

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Esther!

I actually found the Mystic Moods in downtown Vancouver in a thrift shop! they had other great stuff, too - but you had to check the vinyl, some of it scratchy as hell, but this one, as you can hear, delicious!

cheers

Reza said...

Any chance you may post Mystic Moods "Extensions" sometime :)
Would love to hear it , cant get these albums in the UK :(

Esther said...

Hi, soundz!
I'll be sure to post it for you after the New Year, since I'm only posting Christmas albums from now until Christmas. Keep an eye out for it! And thanks for stopping by!

Lacey said...

Unfortunatly Lucky is not so lucky.
The blog is gone and with it the Mystic Moods.

I know that the internet is transitory, but this blog thing seems to be almost ethereal.
One good wind and half the blogs disappear.

Kratzersprung said...

Please post the album.

Esther said...

Hi, Timo (and those who asked before),

I have posted my own link to this album since Mr.Lucky's blog went away. Hope you enjoy it!

Kratzersprung said...

Thank you.
Found it also here:
http://redtelephone66.blogspot.com/2008/04/mystic-moods-orchestra-one-stormy-night.html

Devlin Jamison said...

I was going to rip this and post it on Dynamica & thought I'd check to see if anyone already had. I see you have. Love it--thanks!

Jackie Gleason said...

I SURE WISH YOU WOULD PUT UP THESE OTHER TWO MYSTIC MOODS ALBUMS.

I LOVE M & M'S.

THANKS!!

LUV YOUR BLOG, TOO.