Sunday, June 29, 2008

De Vol - The Theme from Peyton Place and 11 Other Great Themes (1965)


This is yet another treasure from the HPB bargain bin! I think most of us are familiar with the music of Frank De Vol. We've heard it in lots of movies and lots of television series. Well, this album has some great movie and TV themes as played by Frank De Vol and his orchestra (but couldn't they have thought of a better, shorter album title?). He co-wrote three of the themes on this album - "My Three Sons" (one of my all-time favorites), "Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte", and "Give Me a Souvenir". And I absolutely love his arrangement of the theme from "Peyton Place" - one of my favorite TV shows when I was a very little girl (I barely remember it). And "Combat" - I LOVE this TV show, and watch it every evening on the ALN channel. When I was a little girl, my father bought me a plastic tommy gun and I used to play "Combat" in our backyard, hiding behind the bushes and waiting to ambush the enemy. "Bewitched" - always loved Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this album as much as I did!

Track listing for De Vol - The Theme from Peyton Place and 11 Other Great Themes:

Side 1:
1. Theme from Peyton Place (For Those Who Are Young)
2. The Addams Family
3. The Rogues Theme
4. Sunday Night at the Movies
5. Show Street
6. Combat

Side 2:
1. Bewitched
2. General Hospital
3. My Three Sons
4. Give Me a Souvenir
5. Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte
6. Hollywood Palace (Put On a Happy Face)

5 comments:

doug said...

Thank you for this post. De Vol is fabulous, anymore you have would be appreciated. It's just another example for your great taste.

Gina Draker STUDIO said...

If anyone has seen the original (and best) "Parent Trap" from Walt Disney Pictures with the delightful and quite young Hayley Mills - then you have seen De Vol acting! Just watch for the quirky headmaster of the boys school when they are at summer camp - so funny! He is very good in the role, and was said to have a great sense of humor too! Gotta dig it! ;)

mel said...

These days Frank De Vol albums are very rare indeed.

I am very grateful to you for sharing this delightful one.

¡Mateo es así! said...

I'm really enjoying this. Thank you.

Esther said...

Wow! Great comments from everybody! I had no idea this album would be such a hit! Glad y'all are liking it!

Esther