Sunday, June 01, 2008

Ethel Smith - Rhythm Antics!


Here's another gem from the HPB bargain bin. I'd never heard of Ethel Smith, but I love organ music and I couldn't resist the hilarious album cover - it just cracks me up! I have since found out who Ethel Smith was (good write-up on Space Age Pop), and have added this album as a must-play for my housewarming party. This is a great album to play at your next happy hour or cocktail party!

Track listing for Ethel Smith - Rhythm Antics!:

Side 1:
1. Desafinado
2. I've Got Your Number
3. What is This Thing Called Love
4. Rhythm Antics
5. Diga Diga Doo
6. Makin' Whoopee

Side 2:
1. By the Light of the Silvery Moon
2. Carioca
3. Ooh That Kiss
4. Moanin'
5. It Ain't Necessarily So
6. Baia

Here's a video of Ethel Smith (accompanied by a bevy of beauties!) playing her hit "Tico Tico":

3 comments:

ChangLooGrace said...

Thanks for this LP. Lately, I've been looking for organ LPs and when I saw "Moanin'" on this one, I just had to have it (Rhoda Scott does a great "Moanin'" on YouTube and I just got a Rhoda LP where she does Ethel's "Tico Tico").
And I also downloaded your Buddy Cole LP a while back. Thanks for that one too.

Dr. Frank Lippenheimer said...

Hola! Tico Tico, one of my favs. Thank you!

Brad said...

Thanks for the Ethel Smith LP. I just started a blog myself uploading out-of-print LP's. You have a great blog. I enjoy it a lot!