Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nat King Cole and The Trio - After Midnight (1956)


Yet another gem I rescued from the HPB bargain bin - and what a gem it is! This is an absolutely awesome record. I mean, how can you go wrong with Nat King Cole? And I really liked it when he performed with the Trio. Superb. I think I've said it all. If you don't already have this album, get it now!

Track listing for Nat King Cole and The Trio - After Midnight:

Side 1:
1. Just You, Just Me
2. Sweet Lorraine
3. Sometimes I'm Happy
4. Caravan
5. It's Only A Paper Moon
6. You're Looking At Me

Side 2:
1. Lonely One
2. Don't Let It Go To Your Head
3. I Know That You Know
4. Blame It On My Youth
5. When I Grow Too Old To Dream
6. Route 66

Here's a video clip of Nat and the Trio singing "Route 66":

3 comments:

The Right Profile said...

Thanks for this one. Always on the lookout for some Nat Cole I don't have. "When I Grow Too Old To Dream" is a gem. Glad I can hear it now. About 10 year ago I picked up a record called "The Piano Style of Nat "King" Cole" it totally changed my appriciation for him and made me a big fan of more than his great voice.

ronh said...

great find! both the nat post and your blog. this is fun, i'll be back. thanks.

Keith said...

I love Nat King Cole. Very awesome. You've got such a cool blog. Cheers!