Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer Compilation Vol.3 (2009)


Happy First Day of Summer! Summer is my favorite season, and I don't care how hot it gets. I love the bright colors, the ice cold drinks, the lazy days, wearing shorts and flip-flops, and the wonderful memories it brings. So, in celebration of the First Day of Summer, I offer you my annual summer songs compilation - a compilation of songs that all have the word "summer" in the title. So, grab a cold drink and celebrate summer!

Track listing for Summer Compilation Vol.3 (2009):

1. Here Comes Summer - Cliff Richard
2. Gemini: Summer Song - Dick Jacobs and his Orchestra
3. Endless Summer Nights - Richard Marx
4. When Summer Turns to Snow - Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66
5. Summer Side of Life - Gordon Lightfoot
6. Summertime in Venice - Mantovani and his Orchestra
7. Summer Wind - Michael Buble
8. Theme from "Summer of '42" (The Summer Knows) - Johnny Mathis
9. Summertime - Ricky Nelson
10. Summer Breeze - The Isley Brother
11. Summertime Blues - The Stray Cats
12. Some Kind of Summer - David Cassidy
13. Theme from "A Summer Place" - Santo and Johnny
14. The Things We Did Last Summer - Shelley Fabares
15. I Never Dreamed You'd Leave in Summer - Stevie Wonder
16. The Green Leaves of Summer - Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass
17. Summer Means Fun - The Fantastic Baggys
18. Summer in the City - Buddy Morrow
19. Last Days of Summer - The Blue Hawaiians
20. Summertime USA - The Pixies Three
21. Summertime's Calling Me - The Catalinas
22. The Sweet Sounds of Summer - The Shangri-Las
23. Keep An Eye on Summer - The Beach Boys

If you haven't downloaded the first two volumes of my Summer compilations, click on the "summer" label to take you directly to those posts. Happy Summer!

5 comments:

KL from NYC said...

Thanks, Esther.

makarite said...

Lovely compilation Esther as ever. I'm going to listen on my Ipod while I do the weeding and get sunburnt.

Mikel J said...

I'm a long time follower of Stax O'Wax.. I wanted to thank you for this very kuhl compilation. Ya know, I used to play it so much when I was on the radio, but I totally forgot about that Beach Boys song. Just a quick request... There was a teriffic version of 'Here Comes Summer' by a group called The Whispers... It was out on Laurie in the mid 60s. If ya ever find it, could you post it? Thanks for all the goodies you post!
Mikel J

Dat ol' Varmint said...

Thanks for these excellent summer compilations. I can't tell you how much I enjoy listening to these.. I have made compilations like these myself, back in the cassette days.. Nice to know there is another summer music fan out there like me.. And every track MUST contain the word "summer" LOL.. That's a must.. Thanks again and take care.. Mark W

Bill said...

Hey Esther! Planning a Summer Comp this year? I have the last three on my 'Pod all year 'round! Love them all!
-Bill!