Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Perry Como - Sings Merry Christmas Music (1956)


Today's Christmas album is by Perry Como. What a smooth voice he had! I don't remember ever watching his TV show, but I do remember catching a couple of his Christmas specials - the last one being one he did in San Antonio (where I went to college). Well, this album is a must-have for your Christmas collection. It has some songs for the kiddies, some songs of faith, and a couple I'd never heard before - something for everyone. The back cover notes that the songs on side 1, Perry performs with Mitchell Ayres and his orchestra, and side 2 is with Russ Case and his orchestra. Enjoy!

Track listing for Perry Como - Sings Merry Christmas Music:

Side 1:
1. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas
2. The Twelve Days of Christmas
3. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
4. C-H-R-I-S-T-M-A-S
5. Joy to the World
6. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
7. Frosty the Snow Man
8. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)

Side 2:
1. That Christmas Feeling
2. I'll Be Home for Christmas
3. Silent Night
4. O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
5. Jingle Bells
6. White Christmas
7. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
8. Winter Wonderland

3 comments:

mel said...

Hi Esther,

A few Perry Como TV shows are in the public domain and can be downloaded from the Internet Archive.

Go here:

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=perry%20como%20AND%20mediatype%3Amovies

Enjoy!

Sila Lumenn said...

Awesome, I grew up on Perry Como! Can't wait to listen. Thanks, Esther.

Diane said...

I grew up listening to this album every single Christmas with my family. All through December (and even earlier, if I could talk my mother into it), Perry's voice would carry through the house as we baked cookies and decorated. I have been looking everywhere for this album because I have no way to make a copy of my mother's vinyl one. I came across your page via a search for this album, and I'm so glad I did. Thank you! You have made my Christmas complete.