Wednesday, December 16, 2009

True Value Happy Holidays Volume 18 (1983)


I got this album at my favorite little resale store down the street from my house. I was very familiar with the Christmas albums put out by Goodyear and Firestone back in the day, but I didn't know about the True Value ones since we didn't have any True Value stores in my hometown. This is volume 18 from 1983, but I would like to find the early volumes, especially from the 1960s. If anyone out there has any other True Value albums, please do share!

Track listing for True Value Happy Holidays Volume 18:

Side 1:
1. Christmas Is... - Jack Jones
2. Winter Wonderland - Anne Murray
3. Sleigh Ride - Arthur Fiedler, Boston Pops Orchestra
4. The Twelve Days of Christmas - Harry Belafonte
5. If Every Day Was Like Christmas - Elvis Presley with The Jordanaires

Side 2:
1. Christmas is Here Again - Roger Whittaker
2. The Little Drummer Boy - Harry Simeone Chorale
3. O Holy Night - Nat King Cole
4. Christmas is the Warmest Time of the Year - Ed Ames
5. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Forever - Perry Como

5 comments:

Badgercat said...

Susan's blog should help you a great deal...

http://christmas-christmasforever.blogspot.com/search?q=True+Value

Esther said...

Wow! Thanks, Badgercat! I had no idea there were so many volumes - it's like hitting the motherlode! I had not come across her blog - thanks for telling me about it!

Esther

Anonymous said...

Amazing blog you have here, Esther!

Is there any chance we can see either of the two George Maharis albums reposted, especially Just Turn me Loose?

Thanks so much!

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Hi there,
Stumbled onto your blog while searching for Dean Martin's Christmas Albums. It's great with lots of information and pictures. I love all the vinyl covers you posted.
Cheers.

Esther said...

Hi, Dominic!
Thanks for the comments! I've re-upped the George Maharis albums just for you! :-)


Hi, Andy!
Thanks for the kind words! It's usually the covers that attract me in the first place and the music is the bonus!

Esther