Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jackie Gleason - Lonesome Echo (1955)


This is probably one of the more famous album covers since it was by Salvador Dali. This was the first Jackie Gleason album that I bought and it was because of the Dali cover. Now, I really don't know much about art and famous painters, but I knew enough that Dali was famous, and I had seen that one painting with the weird clocks. So I bought this album for the sole purpose of framing it and hanging it on my wall. What a pleasant surprise it was when I actually listened to it! So, I ended up buying several more of Jackie Gleason's albums, two of which I've already shared. I just find listening to these albums so relaxing and soothing. They're great to play while reading a book, doing some paperwork, or as background music while having a nice dinner with guests or that special someone. So, kick back and treat yourself to some relaxing music.

Track listing for Jackie Gleason - Lonesome Echo:

Side 1:
1. There Must Be a Way
2. I Don't Know Why (I Just Do)
3. Deep Purple
4. Mad About the Boy
5. Someday I'll Find You
6. Come Rain or Come Shine
7. The Thrill is Gone
8. I Wished On the Moon

Side 2:
1. How Deep is the Ocean
2. Remember
3. Speak Low
4. I Still Get a Thrill
5. Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup
6. I'm Always Chasing Rainbows
7. A Garden in the Rain
8. Dancing On the Ceiling

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Esther.
I like this album.
When I was a boy we went to a doctor that had a dingy copy of the dripping clock Dali painting in his dingy foyer. I did not like being there and even as a lad I felt the atmosphere was like a chamber of horrors. Vincent Price would have liked it.

Paul said...

I quite agree. I first heard Gleason's music in my youth but by-passed it as Muzac. Now, thru the blessing of music blogs, I have begun to collect them and quite agree that they are PERFECT for certain occasions. The Great One may not have been a musician, but he had a musical idea in his head that thankfully was brought to fruition many times over!

Handy said...

i like it soooo much