Sunday, September 28, 2008

Greatest Hits From The Movies (1972)


Today's offering is one of my mom's old albums - a 1972 Columbia release called "Greatest Hits From The Movies". I do remember my mom playing this album a lot. It's a compilation of familiar themes from familiar movies. I think the only two movies represented here, that I've never seen, are "Z" and "Such Good Friends". Anyway, I don't really have any "story" to accompany this post - and I'm kind of in a hurry because tonight is the season premiere of "Dexter" - so I'll just let y'all grab this album and give it a listen!

Track listing for Greatest Hits From The Movies (1972):

Side 1:
1. Love Theme from "The Godfather" - Andre Kostelanetz
2. (Where Do I Begin) Love Story - Johnny Mathis
3. Suicide is Painless (Main Title) - The MASH
4. Theme from "Summer of '42" - Peter Nero
5. Theme from "Z" - Eugene Ormandy and The Philadelphia Orchestra
6. Electronic Prelude - R. Strauss: Also Sprach Zarathustra, Op. 30 (Opening) - Eugene Ormandy and The Philadelphia Orchestra

Side 2:
1. Mrs. Robinson - Ray Conniff and The Singers
2. Love Theme from "Romeo and Juliet" - Percy Faith, His Orchestra and Chorus
3. Theme from "Shaft" - Percy Faith and His Orchestra
4. If I Were a Rich Man - Topol
5. Suddenly, It's All Tomorrow - O. C. Smith
6. Purcell: Music for the Funeral of Queen Mary - Maurice Peress and The Columbia Brass Ensemble

No comments: