Sunday, April 26, 2009

Paul Petersen - My Dad (1963)


Here's a record I've had for quite a while - part of my celebrity vocals collection. A couple of years ago I posted Paul Petersen's first album, so I thought it was time to post the other album I have. Of course, you remember Paul Petersen as the son on "The Donna Reed Show". I always thought he was a cutie! Well, this album has the wonderfully sentimental song, "My Dad". It always brings a tear to my eye. Hope you enjoy it!

Track listing for Paul Petersen - My Dad (Link has been deleted. Go buy CD on Amazon.):

Side 1:
1. My Dad
2. Try a Little Tenderness
3. I Only Have Eyes for You (Bossa Nova)
4. You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby
5. Little White Lies
6. Linda

Side 2:
1. Imagination
2. Goody Goody
3. The Girl Next Door
4. Making Whoopee
5. Heart and Soul
6. Zip A Dee Doo Dah

Here's the clip from "The Donna Reed Show" where Paul sings "My Dad":

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Esther,
New Computer with Vista Basic.
I watched that show when it was first on.
I liked Carl Benton Reid. I not only remeber Paul singing it on the TV show , that chocked me up, I felt the same way about my Dad,
so I ran out to get the 45. Which I have till today! Sleve and pristine record.
This may have been the first record I ever bought!
Vince

Anonymous said...

Would you happen to have Bye Bye Birdie with Paul Peterson, Shelley Fabres, & James Darren?

Joe

Esther said...

Hi, Vince! I've missed your comments - glad to see you back online!


Hi, Joe! No, I'm sorry, I don't have that Bye Bye Birdie. It's on my want list so if you find it elsewhere, please let me know!

Anonymous said...

i will have bye bye birdie in a week or so to share
Joe

Anonymous said...

here is bye Bye Birdie & Teenage Triangle 2 albums on 1 cd 320 bit rate http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NRBOKS18

Esther said...

Thanks, Joe!