Sunday, April 19, 2009

Swing and Sway with Sammy Kaye - Music, Maestro, Please! (1955)


This is another of my mother's records that she got when she was in the Columbia Music Club. She got this one in July 1959 (she wrote that on the back of the album). Sammy Kaye has pleasant enough music, but his is not one of my favorite bands from the big band era - I much prefer the style and sound of people like Harry James, Glenn Miller, and Benny Goodman. But still, this is a pleasant enough album, and it seems that my mom really liked it. Again, I tried to clean it up as best I could of the pops and clicks, but you'll still hear some. And the first two songs have a couple of skips. As always, I ask that if anyone out there has a better rip, please share it!

Track listing for Swing and Sway with Sammy Kaye - Music, Maestro, Please!:

Side 1:
1. Music, Maestro, Please!
2. Honey
3. Blue Prelude
4. Just a Gigolo
5. Dream for Sale
6. Y (That's Why)

Side 2:
1. You've Got Me Crying Again
2. As Time Goes By
3. No Greater Love
4. You Oughta Be in Pictures
5. Till I Kiss You at the Altar
6. Sittin' and Waitin'

No comments: