Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Morton Gould and His Orchestra - Coffee Time (1958)


Here's another treasure I picked up from the HPB bargain bin. I'm not sure how long I've had this, but I'm pretty sure I bought it for the cover. I have several Morton Gould albums, so I like the music, too. I think my favorite on here is "Mexican Hat Dance". The way it's played reminds me of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons - remember how they would always incorporate classical music or other famous traditional music into the cartoon adventures? Well, the entire album is very pleasant to listen to, so go get it now!

Track listing for Morton Gould - Coffee Time:

Side 1:
1. Mexican Hat Dance
2. Serenade in the Night
3. Laura
4. Hora Staccato
5. The Man I Love
6. Serenata

Side 2:
1. Jamaican Rumba
2. Solitude
3. Besame Mucho
4. Tropical
5. Orchids in the Moonlight
6. Manhattan Serenade

No comments: