Sunday, September 13, 2009

Edmundo Ros and His Orchestra - Dance Again (1962)


Here's an album I bought back when I was doing the ballroom dance thing. It's a great record for latin dances - cha cha cha, rumba, samba, tango, merengue. I used to make party tapes (cassettes) for our weekly dance parties at the dance studio and I remember I always included songs from my Edmundo Ros albums (I have three other of his albums which I'll get around to posting). If you've ever taken ballroom dance lessons at a Fred Astaire or Arthur Murray studio, then you'll love dancing to this album, because the beat of the songs is perfect to the way the dances are taught at those studios.

Track listing for Edmundo Ros - Dance Again:

Side 1:
1. Patricia
2. Tropical Merengue
3. Tea for Two
4. Miami Beach Rumba
5. Cocktails for Two
6. I Came, I Saw, I Conga'd

Side 2:
1. Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White
2. The Wedding Samba
3. Mambo No. 5
4. Blue Tango
5. When the Moon Comes Over the Mountain
6. Colonel Bogey

No comments: