Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dinah Shore - Moments Like These (1958)


Here's an album I've had for awhile - bought it back when I first started listening to my favorite local radio station, KAAM, when their catch phrase was "The Music of Your Life". At that time, it was mostly "big bands and great singers", and they still play a lot of that, but they also include more recent songs that fit into that particular format. Anyway, I vaguely remember Dinah Shore's TV program from the 1970s. I don't think I ever watched it, but I remember it was on. Most of all I remember that she was dating Burt Reynolds in the 70s - it was kind of a big deal because he was 20 years younger. And of course, there's the famous Dinah Shore Weekend now - lots of women and lots of golf. Well, these are all familiar songs and Dinah sings them wonderfully. I think I bought this at HPB, and it was pretty scratched up. There aren't any skips, but there are still clicks and pops, even after I cleaned it up as best I could. If anyone has a cleaner version of this, please do share.

Track listing for Dinah Shore - Moments Like These:

Side 1:
1. Deep Purple
2. When the World Was Young
3. Moments Like This
4. I'll Remember April
5. These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You)
6. I Fall in Love Too Easily

Side 2:
1. I Loved Him
2. What's New?
3. I Can Dream, Can't I?
4. Now I Know
5. How Long Has This Been Going On?
6. Something Wonderful

Here's Dinah singing about Chevrolet in 1959:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Dinah has a wonderful voice.
I can imagine relaxing on a porch looking out past the trees and listening to her sweet sounds. Thanks Vince

Buddies Lounge said...

Being a Ford guy, Dinah just sold me a 1959 Chevy after watching that color spot! That was a treat!

She always had a smooth easy voice that made you smile when you hear it, like Perry Como and Bing Crosby.

Copacetic47 said...

many many thanks ... really enjoyed the Chevy clip.

flyingfinger said...

Try out this version -
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=42LML41O