Sunday, June 13, 2010

Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass - South of the Border (1964)


This was the third album by Herb Alpert and his Tijuana Brass, and one of my mom's favorites, although I don't remember her playing this one as much as a couple of the later ones. Several cover songs on this album, but my favorite song is "Mexican Shuffle". Kinda hard to believe Herb is 75 years old, but his music is ageless!

Track listing for Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass - South of the Border:

Side 1:
1. South of the Border
2. The Girl from Ipanema
3. Hello, Dolly!
4. I've Grown Accustomed to Her Face
5. Up Cherry Street
6. Mexican Shuffle

Side 2:
1. El Presidente
2. All My Loving
3. Angelito
4. Salud, Amor y Dinero
5. Numero Cinco
6. Adios, Mi Corazon

1 comment:

Domenic Ciccone (AKA Martooni) said...

Esther,

Thanks for posting dear!