Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Pat Boone - Stardust (1958)


Well, this is the last of my Pat Boone records. I've had this one for some time - bought it sometime in the late 1980s when I discovered my favorite local radio station, KAAM. Pat Boone is played regularly on that station. Anyway, I've always loved his smooth voice and his choice of songs. I've also seen a few of his movies - "Bernardine", "State Fair", and "The Cross and the Switchblade". I saw the last one as an extra credit assignment for my ninth grade religion class (I went to Catholic school for 12 years) in the 1970s (it also featured a young Erik Estrada as a young punk). Well, this is a great album and it's full of lovely familiar standards. And Pat sings them all beautifully. Also, the orchestra is conducted by Billy Vaughn! Enjoy!

Track listing for Pat Boone - Stardust:

Side 1:
1. Stardust
2. Blueberry Hill
3. Ebb Tide
4. Little White Lies
5. To Each His Own
6. Cold, Cold Heart
7. Deep Purple

Side 2:
1. Autumn Leaves
2. St. Louis Blues
3. Solitude
4. Anniversary Song
5. Heartaches
6. I'll Walk Alone
7. September Song

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FYI, I have the Bel Canto stereo tape (4-track 7-1/2 ips), and it's an anomaly of the Star Dust recording desribed here. The box lists only nine selections. The tape itself does NOT include "Star Dust" nor "Little White Lies", and the "Ebb Tide" selection has a total drop of signal within the recording for about 4 seconds. The box has handwritten note of date of purchase: 1/16/1960. I am guessing the quality standards of 1960 were not as high as we might fantasize! Interesting, the orange tape label says "...Ork and Chorus conducted...". ORK!? Possible this is a knock off or pirated copy? If so, it's really good! Even has a small 1959 Bel Canto pamphlet listing other available recordings, 46 in all.