Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Joe Bushkin - A Fellow Needs A Girl (1957)


This is another gem I rescued from the HPB bargain bin solely for the cover. Those are America's most famous models from back in the day - Sunny Harnett (standing behind piano), Gita Hall (leaning on Joe), Nancy Berg (the one practically lying down in front of Joe), Suzy Parker (lying on top of the piano), and Ginny Taylor (standing on the right of the piano). The only one I ever heard of was Suzy Parker, who was also an actress and was married to actor Bradford Dillman (who I love). Suzy Parker was also the first model to earn $100,000 per year. Anyway, this is a lovely "mood music" album - very soothing piano "against a rich orchestral backdrop". Give it a listen!

Track listing for Joe Bushkin - A Fellow Needs A Girl:

Side 1:
1. A Fellow Needs A Girl
2. These Foolish Things
3. How Long Has This Been Going On
4. Don't Blame Me
5. Isn't It Romantic?
6. Don't Take Your Love From Me

Side 2:
1. Falling In Love With Love
2. It's Easy To Remember
3. Then I'll Be Tired Of You
4. I'll Be Around
5. Willow Weep For Me
6. What Is There To Say

3 comments:

pmrussell said...

Long time reader, first time poster, thanks for all the albums. I've had a ball downloading some of them!

Timmy said...

Check this out, it might shed some light on Joe Bushkin.
http://www.blogofdeath.com/archives/001230.html
Thanx for the post of this LP, I don't have this one. He was an extraordinary musician.

Swank Daddy said...

I just discovered this post - better late than never. Thanks Esther!