Sunday, July 26, 2009

Arthur Lyman - Hawaiian Sunset (1959)


Time to take a trip to Hawaii - musically, that is! Well, here's a great album by Arthur Lyman, one of the masters of exotica. The music is absolutely wonderful. Close your eyes and listen to this album and you'll be transported to paradise, the Hawaiian Islands, where "the native art of living gracefully, simply and happily seems to extend to all who visit or stay."

Track listing for Arthur Lyman - Hawaiian Sunset:

Side 1:
1. Hawaiian War Chant
2. Sweet Leilani
3. Imi Au Ia Oe
4. My Tane
5. Whispering Reef
6. Na Lei O Hawaii

Side 2:
1. Hiilawe
2. Isle of Golden Dreams
3. Mapuana
4. Waipio
5. Kawohikukapulani
6. Ke Kali Nei Au
7. Harbor Lights

6 comments:

litlgrey said...

Somehow I never had Hawaiian Sunset - Volume II was blogged years ago by the now defunct Moon of Mankoora.

Thanks much!

KL from NYC said...

Thanks for adding another LP to my Hawaii-Exotica collection.

SouthPacificMusic said...

I linked to your post on my blog, if you want more exotica check it out
http://southpacificmusic.blogspot.com/

(I can remove the link, if you'd like)

Esther said...

Hi, SouthPacificMusic!

Thanks for visiting! I've added a link to your blog on my Links list.

Esther

PM Summer said...

Something tells me we've crossed paths in the $1 Clearance bins at Dallas-area HPBs.

http://what-music-is-playing-now.blogspot.com/2010/08/16-kingston-trio-capitol.html

Jon said...

I have some other Lyman albums. I was surprised and amazed to find out that one of the guys in the band made all those bird/animal noises!