Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Julie London - Julie is Her Name (1955)


Here is an absolute classic! If you don't have this Julie London album in your collection, then you must get it! Julie is sexy, sultry, and sizzling on her first album - WOW! One of the things I really like about this album is that she is accompanied only by a guitar and a bass. I can't say enough about how great this album is, so I'll just quote the first line of the liner notes:
"Julie London might best be described as the girl with the 'come hither' voice."
Julie married actor Jack Webb of "Dragnet" TV fame, and later divorced him. Then she married jazz musician Bobby Troup, with whom she co-starred on the 1970's TV series "Emergency!" (she played Nurse Dixie McCall). Interestingly enough, the producer of "Emergency!" was Julie's ex-husband, Jack Webb! I guess they remained friends.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this one!

Track listing for Julie London - Julie is Her Name (Link has been deleted. Go buy CD on Amazon.) :

Side 1:
1. Cry Me A River
2. I Should Care
3. I'm In The Mood For Love
4. I'm Glad There Is You
5. Can't Help Lovin' That Man
6. I Love You

Side 2:
1. Say It Isn't So
2. It Never Entered My Mind
3. Easy Street
4. S' Wonderful
5. No Moon At All
6. Laura
7. Gone With The Wind

Here's a video clip of Julie singing "Cry Me A River" from her 1964 show:

No comments: