Sunday, August 02, 2009

Johnny Mathis - Open Fire, Two Guitars (1959)


I think Johnny Mathis is absolutely dreamy... sigh! The first time I heard his beautiful voice was when I was watching the late night movie with my mom and he sang the theme song of the movie - "The Best of Everything". It's been a love affair ever since. This is an awesome album - so soothing and romantic (I've listened to it every Sunday for years now)! And Johnny is accompanied by some great musicians - Al Caiola and Tony Mottola on guitar, and Frank Carroll and Milt Hinton on bass. If you love Johnny Mathis and don't have this album, you really need to get it!

Track listing for Johnny Mathis - Open Fire, Two Guitars:

Side 1:
1. Tenderly
2. Open Fire
3. I Concentrate on You
4. In the Still of the Night
5. I'll Be Seeing You
6. I'm Just a Boy in Love

Side 2:
1. You'll Never Know
2. Please Be Kind
3. Embraceable You
4. My Funny Valentine
5. When I Fall in Love
6. Bye Bye Blackbird

3 comments:

ladylegend said...

Congratulations Esther on your excellent taste in music. If you are so inclined why not join us other Mathisonians at my webpage, MATHIS MAGIC PLACE CHATROOM-new, at the following url:

http://mathismagicplacenew.multiply.com/

We hope to see you soon!!!!

Steve said...

Oh my, this is nice! Thank you!

fragrence said...

The whole group is 'singing' together. Beautiful treatment of song. Thank you for all your efforts.