Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mrs. Miller - Mrs. Miller's Greatest Hits (1966)


Mrs.Miller. What can one say about Mrs.Elva Miller? When I first heard Mrs.Miller, I was speechless. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. After the initial shock, I laughed so hard that tears ran down my face. Then I couldn't get enough. I have to say that Mrs.Miller is an acquired taste, and it is certainly not for those with sensitive hearing or weak stomachs. But I'm one of those folks who appreciates musicians such as Mrs.Miller, and I think you will, too, after you give her a listen. This was her debut album, although the title ("Greatest Hits") makes you think that there were other albums before this. She ended up recording several other albums and also appeared on some soundtracks. If you want to find out more about Mrs.Miller, I suggest you visit Mrs.Miller's World - and join the fan club (I did!)! Why do I listen to Mrs.Miller? Because she makes me smile and laugh when I'm feeling down. God bless Mrs.Miller.

Track listing for Mrs. Miller's Greatest Hits:

Side 1:
1. Downtown
2. The Shadow of Your Smile
3. A Hard Day's Night
4. Dear Heart
5. Chim Chim Cher-ee
6. These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

Side 2:
1. A Lover's Concerto
2. Let's Hang On
3. Catch a Falling Star
4. Gonna Be Like That
5. My Love

Here's a video clip of Mrs.Miller singing "Inky Dinky Do" with Jimmy Durante:

3 comments:

Klayymann said...

awesome site!!
i have heard a few songs posted on falalala.com from the Ed Sullivan Orchestra and i was wondering if there was any albums out there you might have?? ( could this be related to ray bloch and his orchestra)

Anonymous said...

Have, er, uh, enjoyed? Mrs. Miller since the 60's and have read quite a bit about her. Most say she was the most cordial, gracious person they'd ever met and always had a twinkle in her eye. They also comment she was quite sharp and rode that pony as far as it would take her. Cheezy? Surely! Clever? Most certainly!

Now, if ya want something truly horrid, Florence Foster Jenkins is about the worst there is. Only about two seconds exposure is certain to cause bad dreams!

Here's a real treat (threat?)

Phoebe Phestoon aka Elva Miller aka Mrs Miller - Slumber Boat (1st Known Recording) (Real Name Elva Ruby Connes) 1962

http://www.zshare.net/audio/6396023777b88616/

Unknown said...

Brilliant. I think i listened to 'The Shadow of Your Smile' about 150 times today alone... the only problem is its going to take me years to remove it from my head