Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Littlest Angel - Original Cast Album (1969)


Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving holiday! Now that we're officially in the Christmas season, I'll be posting Christmas albums until Christmas. To start off, I decided to post the soundtrack to the Hallmark Hall of Fame Special, "The Littlest Angel", from 1969. This TV special starred Johnnie Whitaker (Jody on "Family Affair") and Fred Gwynne (Herman on "The Munsters"), with appearances by Cab Calloway, Tony Randall, Connie Stevens, E.G. Marshall, John McGiver, and George Rose. I remember watching this when I was a little kid and loving it! I don't know when they stopped showing it on TV, but a Google search revealed that it is available on DVD (I currently have a bid on a copy on eBay). Johnnie Whitaker was such a cutie-pie in this special, and on "Family Affair". Later on, he starred in the Sid & Marty Krofft show, "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters", and in several Disney movies. (At a later date, I'll be sure to post the album he recorded when he was on "Sigmund".) Hope y'all enjoy this!

Track listing for "The Littlest Angel":

Side 1:
1. I'm Master of All I Survey (Johnnie Whitaker & Chorus)
2. Where Am I (Johnnie Whitaker & Chorus)
3. The Heavenly Ever After (Cab Calloway & Chorus)
4. Where is Blue (Johnnie Whitaker & Fred Gwynne)
5. You Can Fly (Connie Stevens & Angel Chorus)
6. Once Upon Another Time (Fred Gwynne)

Side 2:
1. You're Not Real (Tony Randall & Corinna Manetto)
2. What Do You Do (Fred Gwynne)
3. I Have Saved (Johnnie Whitaker & Chorus)
4. I Bring You Good Tidings (Angel Chorus)
5. May It Bring Him Pleasure (Angel Chorus)
6. I Have Saved - Reprise (Johnnie Whitaker)

1 comment:

VacadaRisasOs said...

Thanks for good post