Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day Compilation


Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there! I know the day is almost over, but I hope you get a chance to download this and listen to the songs before the day is over. And for those whose dads have passed on (like mine), then I hope these songs bring back some happy memories of your time with your dad.

Most of my memories of Father's Day are either of my parents and me going to my uncle's house up valley, or my uncle and his family would come to our house. Whichever house we were at, we always had a cook-out (my father's favorite thing to do). After a meal of yummy steaks cooked on the grill, potato salad, and other delicious side dishes, my father and uncle would open their presents - usually ties, Old Spice or Brut cologne, and Arrow shirts. Those were the days...

Well, I hope you enjoy the songs I picked for this compilation. Some are very sentimental and moving, but there are also some fun ones. Enjoy!

Track listing for Father's Day Compilation:

Oh Dad, Poor Dad - Children's Chorus
Oh, My Pa-Pa - Eddie Fisher
Don't Cry Daddy - Elvis Presley & Lisa Marie Presley
That Silver Haired Daddy of Mine - Everly Brothers
A Father's Love - George Strait
Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin
Papa's Got a Brand New Bag - James Brown
Daddy's Home - Jermaine Jackson
My Heart Belongs to Daddy - Julie London
Dance with My Father - Luther Vandross
Daddy - Pat Suzuki
My Dad - Paul Peterson
Papa Loves Mambo - Perry Como
Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast - Wayne Newton

6 comments:

Unknown said...

PFFIOUU, wonderfull, thank you for this !! great compilation.
Snif

Esther said...

Hi, Roger,
Thanks for visiting!

Esther

djSOUNDs said...

Nice tracklist, thank you. Since my daughters forgot I will just hear the songs here.

djSOUNDs said...

Oh yah to the owner of this blogspot, if you wish to come and join me in my forum you're very welcome.. we are local dj's (small bunch) but we welcome other uploaders LIKE YOU! let me know my email is r3mix.x3mix at gmail dot com

Esther said...

Hi, djsounds!
Thanks for visiting, and glad you found me!

Esther

Lacey said...

Great, as always, but one you have to add for your Volume 2 is "Father's Day" sung by Groucho Marx on the Tonight Show.

"Today, dear father is father's day, and we're giving you a tie.
Its not much we know, it is just our way of showing you, we think you're a regular guy . . . "

Etc.