Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Mario Lanza - Mario! (1959)


Today's album is a bit of a change of pace for me. I don't listen to opera or classical music very much, but I came across this Mario Lanza album (which I got for free when I bought a couple of other albums from a seller on eBay), so I decided to go ahead and share it with y'all. I do like Mario, and I love anything Italian, so here we have Italian songs sung in Italian by an Italian-American! The most fun song is, of course, "Funiculi' Funicula'" - everyone has heard this one. It's just fun saying it! So, pour yourself a glass of red wine and listen to Mario serenade you! (BTW, one of the things I really like about this record is that it's red vinyl - cool!)

Track listing for Mario Lanza - Mario!:

Side 1:
1. Funiculi' Funicula'
2. Dicitencello Vuie
3. Maria Mari'
4. Voce 'E Notte
5. Canta Pe' Me
6. O Surdato 'Namurato

Side 2:
1. Come Facette Mammeta
2. Santa Lucia Luntana
3. Fenesta Che Lucive
4. Tu Ca Nun Chiagne
5. 'N Sera 'E Maggio
6. Passione

3 comments:

Walking Oliver Productions, Ltd said...

Hmm, a late one. Lanza died in 1959 but he was only born in the early 20s. Thanks for this. He had a gorgeous voice!
PK

Esther said...

Hi, Paul!

Glad you liked it! Thanks for stopping by!

Esther

JavaBeanRush said...

I am beginning to like Mario Lanza. My favorite of his songs is
"Be My Love." But then I haven't really heard many of his songs . . . until now! Thanks.