Sunday, July 19, 2009

Trini Lopez - The Folk Album (1965)


This is yet another gem I rescued from the HPB bargain bin. I don't remember my mother ever playing any of Trini's music (and she didn't have any of his records), but I do remember her mentioning his name and that she liked the way he sang. I also vaguely remember Trini doing a TV commercial - for juice or something. Oh, and I think I remember seeing him in a couple of movies - a war movie and a cowboy movie. Anyway, although I don't recall much of Trini from my growing-up years, I do love his voice and songs! And I especially love this album of folk songs. Plus, he's from Dallas!

Track listing for Trini Lopez - The Folk Album:

Side 1:
1. Lemon Tree
2. Pretty Eyes
3. Greenback Dollar
4. Puff (The Magic Dragon)
5. I Love Your Beautiful Brown Eyes
6. Blowin' In The Wind

Side 2:
1. We'll Sing In The Sunshine
2. Scarlet Ribbons (For Her Hair)
3. Crooked Little Man
4. Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
5. Michael
6. This Train

No comments: