Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Petula Clark - I Know A Place (1965)


This is another of my recent purchases, although I can't remember if I got it from my v.o. instructor or from the HPB bargain bin. Either way, I'm glad I got it because I thoroughly enjoyed it. Petula Clark is one of those singers who transports me back to the 1960s just by the sound of her voice, and I really liked what I can remember of the 60s (my early childhood). There are some good songs on this album, and some of them are quite danceable! Enjoy!

Track listing for Petula Clark - I Know A Place:

Side 1:
1. Dancing In the Street
2. Strangers and Lovers
3. Everything In the Garden
4. The "In" Crowd
5. Heart
6. You're the One

Side 2:
1. A Foggy Day
2. Gotta Tell the World
3. Every Little Bit Hurts
4. Call Me
5. Goin' Out of My Head
6. I Know A Place

Here's an old clip of Pet singing the title song of this album (love the dancing!):

8 comments:

litlgrey said...

The Dude abides, and Petula Clark delivers da goods. That's how it works in this world.

RadioWizard said...

Esther...wow...haven't seen a Pet song in years. Thanks for that. Have a greatest hits CD copied from vinyl...doesn't have "Cat in the Window." Too bad. Very nice voice.
Jack

Mikel J said...

Excellent rip, great quality and a fabulous album from the 60's. Thank You!
If Radio Wizard wants "The Cat In The Window (The Bird In The Sky)" by Petula he can find it here...
http://www.mediafire.com/?dknnfsknl81andj I will make the file private in a few days.
Thanks again.
Mikelj3

Johanna Lapp said...

Love it!

But what I'm really hoping for is the annual summer compilation! I've had last year's running since the first of June.

Baron said...

Thanks for the Petula lp ... Baron

RadioWizard said...

Oops...looks like I should have checked back sooner! Missed that post, Mikel J...rats.
Jack

Lacey said...

Had the pleasure of seeing Ms. Clark in an intimate concert just a few years ago. She still sounds wonderful and is a consummate entertainer.

Thank you for this post.

Esther said...

Thanks to all for your kind comments!


Esther