Sunday, January 01, 2012

Rex Allen - Sings Melodies of the Plains (1962)


Wishing everyone a very Happy and Prosperous New Year!

To start off the year, I chose this album by Rex Allen. After my dude ranch experience last year, I became quite the fan of "cowboy songs" and yodeling (well, I already liked yodeling). And today I was just in the yodeling mood. I really enjoyed this album, too! I am thinking about going back to the dude ranch this year and staying for a week instead of just three days. If I do go back, I will definitely ask for my favorite horse, Bob. I've got my boots ready...


Track listing for Rex Allen Sings Melodies of the Plains:

Side 1:
1. Melody of the Plains
2. My Dear Old Arizona Home
3. I'll Go Ridin' Down That Old Texas Trail
4. I Won't Need My Six Gun in Heaven
5. The Girl I Left Behind Me

Side 2:
1. Dreaming of the Western Plains
2. Cowpuncher's Blues
3. Cowboy's Heaven
4. A Cowboy's Story (Strawberry Roan)
5. Little Puncher

No comments: