Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Harry Belafonte - Calypso (1956)


Back in June, I posted one of Harry Belafonte's early albums (not sure if it was his first), and tonight I'm posting the one that was probably his breakout album - "Calypso". This is the one that has the song "Day O" on it. It is a great album! Many of you probably already have it, and there were several copies in the HPB bargain bin (this was the best copy) when I bought it. So, it's not exactly a rare or hard-to-find album, but I wanted to share my copy with you. Hope you enjoy it!

Track listing for Harry Belafonte - Calypso (link has been deleted - go buy CD on Amazon):

Side 1:
1. Day O
2. I Do Adore Her
3. Jamaica Farewell
4. Will His Love Be Like His Rum?
5. Dolly Dawn

Side 2:
1. Star O
2. The Jack-Ass Song
3. Hosanna
4. Come Back Liza
5. Brown Skin Girl
6. Man Smart (Woman Smarter)

Here's Harry singing "Jamaica Farewell":

2 comments:

ada said...

Can't you repost ? :) Please

Esther said...

Hi, Caio,

I'm sorry. I can't repost the link for this. Blogger sent me an email to take it down (along with the other two Belafonte albums) so I complied so as not to get in trouble. I'm sure someone else out there has it posted somewhere!

Thanks for visiting!
Esther