Thursday, November 29, 2007

Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass - Christmas Album (1968)


Well, it's good to be back! And I was able to get this Christmas album recorded, cleaned up, and uploaded before Sunday!

I have to tell you how much I love Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. It brings back such good memories of growing up and listening to my mom play their records. And I tend to associate the Christmas holidays and parties with their music since a couple of my memories are of watching the grown-ups dance to this album and the "Whipped Cream" and "Tijuana Taxi" albums at my parents' holiday parties. I even remember what I wore at one of these - a little green velvet dress and black go-go boots - pretty groovy!

Well, anyway, I hope this album gets you in the holiday spirit!

Track listing for Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass - Christmas Album:

Side 1:
1. Winter Wonderland
2. Jingle Bells
3. My Favorite Things
4. The Christmas Song
5. Las Mananitas

Side 2:
1. Sleigh Ride
2. The Bell That Couldn't Jingle
3. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
4. Jingle Bell Rock
5. Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

2 comments:

senormedia said...

I must have a billion H. Alpert/TB albums, but not this one!
Thanks!

Just some guy. said...

Awesome! Thank you so much!

I just decided to go through all the stuff I have on vinyl only and download it so I can listen to it on my mp3 player (I don't have the equipment to make my own vinyl rips).

I lover Herb Alpert and used to buy every copy of 'Whipped Cream' I found so that I could give it to people to enjoy. It was the first vinyl record I bought when I started collecting and it was worth every penny. All 100 of them.

As for this album, I have this to say: This is one of the best Christmas albums ever. By anyone.

Thanks again!