Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Brady Bunch - Merry Christmas from the Brady Bunch (1971)


What would Christmas be without our favorite family, the Brady Bunch? I know this album has been posted by others before, and I'm sure someone has posted it already this season, but I couldn't find a download of it, so I went ahead and recorded my record album.

One of the things I like about this album is that the kids recorded it "in character". Some of the songs say lead vocal by Bobby Brady, Jan Brady, etc., not by the actors' names. Another interesting bit of trivia, is that Marcia's name is spelled "Marsha" here, whereas the show's credits always spelled it "Marcia". "Frosty the Snowman" was the kids' first single, too, with lead sung by "Cindy Brady" (Susan Olsen is exactly one week older than I am). Well, I hope this brings back good memories for those of you who grew up with The Brady Bunch!

Track listing for The Brady Bunch - Merry Christmas from the Brady Bunch:

Side 1:
1. The First Noel - Lead Vocal by Bobby Brady
2. Away in a Manger - Lead Vocal by Marsha Brady
3. The Little Drummer Boy - Lead Vocal by Jan Brady
4. O Come All Ye Faithful
5. O Holy Night - Lead Vocal by Greg Brady
6. Silent Night

Side 2:
1. Jingle Bells
2. Frosty the Snowman - Lead Vocal by Cindy Brady
3. Silver Bells
4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Lead Vocal by Peter Brady
5. Santa Claus is Coming to Town
6. We Wish You a Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Corganoid said...

Man, I love that Partridge Family album. My dad would play it when I was a lad...unfortunately my dad didn't take very good care of his LPs so there was a lot of scratch and noise on his copy. It's great to hear a nice clean copy after all these years. And yes, My Christmas Card to You may be one of the greatest Christmas songs ever!