Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Doris Day - Day by Day (1956)


I absolutely love Doris Day. When I was a little girl, my favorite song was "Que Sera, Sera", and it remains one of my all-time favorite songs. I also vaguely remember watching her TV show, and of course, I love all her movies. Watching her movies and listening to her records today brings back wonderful memories of my childhood. Love her. So, today I'm sharing a wonderful album, "Day by Day". All the songs are wonderful, and she's accompanied by Paul Weston and his Music from Hollywood. I love Paul Weston, too. This is probably an album a lot of you already have, but here's my copy.

Track listing for Doris Day - Day by Day:

Side 1:
1. The Song Is You
2. Hello, My Lover, Goodbye
3. But Not For Me
4. I Remember You
5. I Hadn't Anyone Till You
6. But Beautiful

Side 2:
1. Autumn Leaves
2. Don't Take Your Love From Me
3. There Will Never Be Another You
4. Gone With The Wind
5. The Gypsy In My Soul
6. Day By Day

Here's Doris singing "Secret Love" from the motion picture, "Calamity Jane":

11 comments:

Sila Lumenn said...

I sang my daughter to sleep many times with "Que Sera Sera" when she was a baby. Those were good times.

Edmundo Floss said...

hi ! you no have music of rou hamilton ?

Esther said...

Hi, Edmundo,
No, sorry - I don't. I don't even know who that is!

EasyStackin said...

What a nice choice for Doris' birthday! Nice tribute. Favorite at EZ as well. Physically attrative to see as to hear!

Happy Birthday, Doris!

Unknown said...

Hi, Is the first time I write in this wonderfull blog! I always think that Doris was a great jazz singer but her popularity makes her jazz side just anecdotic. Do you know the album "Doris and me" by Janet Seidel? Seidel is the best australian jazz singer, a lady with a lightly voice and an easy swing. I think do you like it a lot. Is hard to find but... if you search on the web you can listen it. I'm sure do you find it great! Bye. Rio Veneno. Madrid. Spain

terryinwva said...

i'm a big Doris Day fan myself. nice to see some appreciation thrown her way!

Music2MyEars said...

Hi Esther,
Thanks for remembering Dodo! I'll love her until my last breath! I think Edmundo Floss might be looking for singer Roy Hamilton. He had a great voice! Thanks for sharing!
Kenny in Texas

Mikel J said...

You know Doris was like Rock Hudson in certain ways. Let's not be naive here. This song was, in a way, her 'coming out' song...
Haven't we all had a 'Secret Love'?
For Edmundo & Esther, maybe someone was talking about Roy Hamilton?
Regards,
Tiger Lily

Ted said...

Thanks much for this I wore my LP out long ago. What a treat to hear it again. Any chance of hearing the sister album..."Day by Night"?

Unknown said...

Hey! was looking for mystic moods "Awakening" and came upon your blog. well words fail me.
and you're not "Just someone"

Baron said...

Thanks for Day By Day ... Baron