Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Walter Brennan - Dutchman's Gold (1960)


Here's another from my "celebrity vocals" collection. I absolutely adored Walter Brennan in all the westerns and Disney movies he was in. Of course, he didn't really sing on his albums... he spoke the lyrics with the music as background. I guess you could say he was "rapping" - wow, he was a "rap" pioneer! Who knew?

Anyway, I really do like listening to Walter's albums. Some people might say they're pretty corny, but I like corny. And you can bet that some of the songs, like "Old Shep", bring a tear to my eye. ("Old Rivers" makes me cry every time!) I think one of the reasons that I like Walter's albums is that they remind me of simpler times. I'm often nostalgic for simpler times. Sigh. Something of note for this album is that the orchestra and chorus were conducted by Billy Vaughn!

Track listing for Walter Brennan - Dutchman's Gold:

Side 1:
1. Dutchman's Gold
2. Life Gits Tee-Jus, Don't It?
3. The Shifting Whispering Sands Part I
4. The Shifting Whispering Sands Part II
5. Six Feet Away

Side 2:
1. I Believe
2. Back To The Farm
3. Tribute To A Dog
4. Old Shep
5. Suppertime

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A very nice LP.
I watched him in Rio Bravo, my favorite western a few weeks ago on TCM. He was singing with Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson
a song called "Cindy".
Thanks Vince

Lacey said...

I love corn also.
Thank you for this nice Walter Brennan post.

Lacey