Sunday, January 03, 2010

Ernesto Aquino - Latin Goes Percussive Cha Cha Cha's (1960)


Happy New Year! I wish you all a year full of good health, prosperity, love, peace, and happiness!

Here's an album that I bought when I was doing the ballroom dance thing. It seemed that I was always dancing the cha cha so I bought every cha cha album that caught my eye. This one caught my eye because of the album art - simple yet colorful and worthy of hanging on my wall. Besides cha cha's, you will also find some merengues on this album. If you've never danced either and would like to learn, I recommend signing up for a ballroom dance class at your local community college. They're relatively inexpensive (versus at a dance studio) so if you end up not liking it, you're not out a lot of money. But ballroom dancing is a lot of fun and a great way to get in shape - it beats going to the gym and sweating it out on the treadmill! So, turn up the volume and "dance as if no one is watching!"

Track listing for Ernesto Aquino - Latin Goes Percussive Cha Cha Cha's:

Side 1:
1. Take My Hand Cha Cha
2. Simon Says Cha Cha
3. Merengue Moderne
4. Festival Merengue
5. Siamese Cha Cha

Side 2:
1. Manhattan Merengue
2. Iberic Cha Cha
3. Cuba Calls
4. Havana Cha Cha
5. Latin Lover

No comments: