Sunday, December 12, 2010

Gisele MacKenzie - Christmas with Gisele (1959)


I found this little gem last year at my favorite little resale store nearby. I bought it because I just loved the cover. I have never heard of Gisele MacKenzie, but one of my coworkers had and he liked her. I did like the album once I listened to it, and here are a few of the liner notes:
In this album, the Canadian-born songstress sings a collection of Christmas songs gathered from all parts of the world.... Gisele is a bewitching combination of gamin and grand lady.
I just love that description of Gisele! Now I have to find other albums by her!


Track listing for Gisele MacKenzie - Christmas with Gisele:

Side 1:
1. Silent Night; God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen; The Coventry Carol
2. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
3. Dans Cette Etable (In This Stable); Les Anges Dans Nos Campagnes (The Angels in Our Fields); La Marche Des Rois (The March of the Kings)
4. White Christmas
5. We Three Kings of Orient Are; Good King Wenceslas; Gesu Bambino
6. The Christmas Song

Side 2:
1. Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
2. Parade of the Wooden Soldiers
3. The Night Before Christmas Song
4. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
5. Too Fat for the Chimney
6. Jingle Bells


Click here to go see a video of Gisele singing "White Christmas"! (It wouldn't let me embed the video.)

2 comments:

Darryl Whalen said...

nice to see you back around. hope you are well.
the song "too fat for the chimney" is one of my favorite Christmas songs, hands down! thank you for the memories.

Ravel said...

Did a download of this last year, I guess. Love the Lady and the cover is great too. Thanks for sharing!