Thursday, January 27, 2011

Jon Hall - Jon Hall Brings Music from Hawaii


Here's another album from my Hawaiian category and celebrity category. It's in my celebrity category because Jon Hall was an actor - he starred in "The Hurricane" with Dorothy Lamour, and in the TV series, "Ramar of the Jungle". And it's obvious why it's in my Hawaiian category. Well, Jon Hall does not sing on this album. According to the liner notes, he went into a Hawaiian village pub, set up his own recording equipment, and recorded "a genuine Hawaiian Mardi Gras". So, it's a "live" album, but there's no credit given to the musicians anywhere on the record. It's also not like the other Hawaiian albums I have - it doesn't have the usual, typical songs on it. This one still has to grow on me - the jury is still out on this one. Oh, and I couldn't find a release date on this album.

Track listing for Jon Hall Brings Music from Hawaii:

Side 1:
1. Sweet Leilani (a skip at the end of the song)
2. Minoi Minoi E
3. Fish and Poi
4. Hawaiian Hospitality

Side 2:
1. My Little Grass Shack in Kealakekua Hawaii
2. Hula O Maki
3. Que Linda
4. Tematangi

1 comment:

Woodworker said...

Ramar of the Jungle scared me to death when I was a kid, I used to hide behind the couch when the lions showed up. Then he moved to India and there were tigers!

Thanks for the non-frightening post.