Thursday, February 09, 2012

Jim Nabors - Sings Love Me With All Your Heart (1966)


How many of you grew up watching Jim Nabors as Gomer Pyle, first as the gas station attendant on "The Andy Griffith Show" and later as the goofy marine private on "Gomer Pyle U.S.M.C."? I absolutely loved Gomer and never missed the show. And remember the first time you heard that baritone singing voice come out of that goofy guy? What a surprise! I used to love to try to imitate his singing (imagine a little girl doing that) and really got a kick out of it. (Come to think of it, I still try to sing "O Holy Night" in my best Jim Nabors voice.) My mom thought he was a wonderful singer and loved his version of "O Holy Night", so she did not appreciate my attempts to sing it the way he did ("Stop singing! You're ruining the song!"). Anyway, I still get a kick of listening to old Jim Nabors records, and he sings a lot of very familiar songs on this album. This is his second album (he recorded his first album in character as Gomer Pyle).

Track listing for Jim Nabors Sings Love Me With All Your Heart:

Side 1:
1. Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta el Sol)
2. You're Gonna Hear from Me (from "Inside Daisy Clover")
3. You Don't Know Me
4. Somewhere My Love (Lara's Theme from "Dr. Zhivago")
5. Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody
6. Strangers in the Night

Side 2:
1. The Impossible Dream (from "Man of La Mancha")
2. On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (from "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever")
3. Swanee
4. I'm Yours
5. What Now My Love

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for the Jim Nabors! It always amuses me the way that deep deep serious voice comes out of "Gomer Pyle"

Armpit Studios said...

Gomer was one-of-a-kind. Ever see the Burt Reynolds movie Stroker Ace? Jim's riding in a car singing Amazing Grace. Burt pops up in the back seat and asks him why his mouth does that when he sings.

doug said...

Thanks for the Jim Nabors, I would like to see more. I missed most of the LPs at the time because of work in Japan. Doug Nabors.

doug said...

Thanks for the Jim Nabors p[ost, I never knew about this one. I missed several of his albums because of work in Japan.
Doug Nabors.