Sunday, February 26, 2012

Texas Jim Robertson - Sings 12 All-Time Country & Western Hits (1961)


I couldn't resist picking up this little gem from the HPB bargain bin, especially with a name like Texas Jim Robertson. And since I went on my dude ranch vacation last year, I just can't seem to get enough of cowboy songs! Listening to this record made me want to go back to the dude ranch (and I will - it was great!). And since this record has my very favorite song in the whole world, "You Are My Sunshine", well, I just had to buy it. (I think I now have 48 versions of that song.) My other two favorite songs on this record are "Slipping Around" and "Old Time Religion" - such fun!

Track listing for Texas Jim Robertson - Sings 12 All-Time Country & Western Hits:

Side 1:
1. If You've Got the Money
2. I Love You So Much It Hurts
3. Slipping Around
4. Kentucky Waltz
5. You Are My Sunshine
6. Till the End of the World

Side 2:
1. It Makes No Difference Now
2. Lonesome Whistle
3. Night Train to Memphis
4. Columbus Stockade Blues
5. A Cowboy's Dream
6. Old Time Religion

1 comment:

Tanktop said...

Thanks for sharing this dude from the ranch, Esther!
Tex sings like a man oughta, picks a mighty fine guitar, and I just find the whole tone of this album comforting:)
And to boot, it so happens "You Are My Sunshine" is my all-time favourite song!