Sunday, October 15, 2006

Burl Ives Sings... for Fun (1956)


I don't think there's anybody who doesn't know who Burl Ives was. Probably everybody knows him as the snowman who narrates the story on the Christmas special "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer". Some may remember him from some Disney movies and also as "Big Daddy". Mostly, he's remembered for being a folk singer with a nice, melodic, mellow, soothing voice. I know I enjoy listening to his songs, and this is one of several Burl Ives albums that I have. I usually try to get albums in stereo if there was both a mono or stereo version, but, as far as I know, this album was released only in mono. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

Track listing for Burl Ives Sings...for Fun:

Side 1:
1. The Fox
2. The Three Jolly Huntsmen
3. The Erie Canal
4. My Good Old Man
5. Old Dan Tucker
6. Wooly Boogie Bee
7. Blue Tail Fly

Side 2:
1. The Boll Weevil
2. Let's Go Hunting
3. Goober Peas
4. Aunt Rhody
5. Killigrew's Soiree
6. Big Rock Candy Mountain
7. I'm Goin' Down the Road

1 comment:

claire clayton said...

thank you thank you thank you thank you

I have been searching endlessly for this album.