Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Cheryl Ladd - Cheryl Ladd (1978)


Today I hit the 5000 mark for number of hits on this site! Woo hoo! Thanks to all of you who have been visiting and downloading some of the music I've posted. I welcome your comments, too!

To celebrate this 5000 mark, I decided to post one of my favorite albums from my teen years. I was a MAJOR fan of the "Charlie's Angels" TV series. You could say that I was obsessed with it. (Have y'all noticed that I tend to become obsessed with stuff a lot? Hmmm...) Like many people, I was very sad when Farrah left the show, but once I saw Cheryl Ladd come on board as "Kris Munroe", I was hooked again. (Not that I would've stopped watching the show - I liked all the Angels. Okay, I did stop watching when Kate Jackson left.) Anyway, I was so obsessed with the Angels that I would go down to the 7-11 every day and buy out their supply of "Charlie's Angels" gum just so I could get the trading cards. As a result, I am the proud owner of ALL the trading cards and stickers that came in those packs. I also have several toys (had to sell the dolls on eBay when I needed money - sniff), and posters. Okay, enough about all that - I know I'm probably scaring some of you.

Anyway... Cheryl Ladd. Many of you know that Cheryl Ladd was also one of the voices on "Josie & the Pussycats" - she was the voice of Melody. She and the other two vocalists are pictured on the "Josie" LP that was released. (Unfortunately, I do not have this LP in my collection, but would certainly appreciate it if someone out there would post it!) So, Cheryl was not new to singing (as so many other TV and movie celebrities were). In fact, besides the singles she released as part of "Josie", she released a couple of other singles ("Mama Don't Be Blue" in 1974, "Country Love" in 1976) before she released her first LP. Of course, when this self-titled LP was released in 1978, I had to run right out and buy it! (And, when she released her next LP, "Dance Forever", in 1979, I bought that one, too. ) The single released from this album, "Think It Over", peaked at number 34 on August 26, 1978 on the Billboard charts, so it wasn't as big a hit as Cheryl and her camp probably expected. But it made many of us Angels fans happy. After the show went off the air, Cheryl went on to star in many a TV melodrama and mini-series, and continues to act (is "Jillian" on "Las Vegas"!) and captivate us with her beauty. She is also an author now - "Token Chick: A Woman's Guide to Golfing with the Boys". I can go on forever about her, but just go to her website - www.cherylladd.com.

Track listing for Cheryl Ladd - Cheryl Ladd:

Side 1:
1. Think It Over
2. Walking in the Rain
3. Skinnydippin'
4. I Know I'll Never Love This Way Again
5. Lady Gray

Side 2:
1. Good Good Lovin'
2. You Turn Me Around
3. I'll Come Runnin'
4. Here is a Song
5. The Rose Nobody Knows

7 comments:

nomwl1 said...

Congratulations, Esther on your 5000th visit! Woohoo! And this is a great share to celebrate on.

I think I may have kept watching even after Kate Jackson left. How pathetic is that?

Well, congratulations again and keep up the great work! :))

Craig D said...

Can't help but notice that Cheryl's pose is a mirror-image of the model on the "Aloha Hawaii" cover directly below it.

Hmmm...

Esther said...

Thanks for the comments!

Yes, I did notice that Cheryl Ladd and the blonde cutie on "Aloha Hawaii" had almost the same pose! Think Cheryl saw that album cover back then and decided to copy the pose?

VacadaRisasOs said...

Thanks for this fine post

DeaconBlues1103 said...

Thank you for posting this album. I had to sell my extensive record collecion a few years ago to help pay some medical bills and i am gradually (and painstakingly) trying to get it back. I love your avatar, especially the cats!

Esther said...

Hi, Deaconblues1103!

I'm glad I could help in contributing to getting some of your record collection back by posting this! I know what you mean about having to sell stuff - I had to start selling off my Star Trek collection to make ends meet when I was unemployed a couple of years ago.
Thanks for visiting!

. said...

Thanks,I was thinking of ripping my 1978 album, then when looking for a better scan , found your blog.
Good stuff,much appreciated.