Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ace Cannon - The Moanin' Sax of Ace Cannon (1963)


"Are you facing a jail sentence? Or was there no letter today from your loved one? Are you a prisoner of love, a victim of unrequited love or singing the blues? Have you had a last date with that certain one and sadly concluded it's all in the game? Have you left your heart in San Francisco, or are you sad for any reason?

If so, this album is for you."
What better way to introduce this album than by the lines above from the liner notes? They say it all. Ace Cannon is indeed one of the best alto sax players ever - he is "The Godfather of Sax"! I love sax music - I think the sax is the sexiest sounding instrument around! (That's one reason I started playing it myself about 20 years ago.) So, I hope you like this album as much as I do. Enjoy!

Track listing for Ace Cannon - The Moanin' Sax of Ace Cannon:

Side 1:
1. Moanin' the Blues
2. Trouble in Mind
3. Prisoner's Song
4. I Love You Because
5. Last Date
6. Singing the Blues

Side 2:
1. It's All in the Game
2. No Letter Today
3. I Left My Heart in San Francisco
4. I Can't Get Started with You
5. Prisoner of Love
6. Moanin'

No comments: