Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ferrante & Teicher - Holiday for Pianos (1963)


Here's a gem by the world's best known duo piano team - Ferrante and Teicher! This is a pretty fun album, especially since all the songs are familiar to me. I've enjoyed other albums by these two, so decided to buy this one when I saw it in the dollar bin at HPB. I think my favorite song here is "Mexican Hat Dance". I remember dancing to that tune when I was in kindergarten, but I don't think I ever heard it played the way F&T play it. Their version reminds me of a Tom & Jerry cartoon. I mean, can't you just see Tom playing the piano and Jerry dancing on the keys? Love it! So, take a trip around the world tonight and give a listen to this album!

Track listing for Ferrante & Teicher - Holiday for Pianos:

Side 1:
1. Far Away Places
2. Mexican Hat Dance
3. A Foggy Day (In London Town)
4. Arrivederci Roma
5. Japanese Garden
6. April in Portugal

Side 2:
1. Lady of Spain
2. Loch Lomond
3. Calcutta
4. Wonderful Copenhagen
5. Paris Joy Ride
6. Aloha Oe